Summer is typically a hectic time of year for many families in Charlotte. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any host of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Charlotte heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Charlotte heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 704-464-4307 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is operating at its highest level in the Charlotte heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a quick break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a breather as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Charlotte temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than usual. It can help you cool down a little sooner so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.