There are many fumes that could be within your Charlotte house. Natural gas and fumes that derive from household fixtures, carpeting and paints. None of these fumes are as threatening as carbon monoxide.
Reach Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 704-464-4307 right away to get started protecting your home against this dangerous gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Deadly?
Carbon monoxide might be a serious issue, so it’s not a thing to take lightly.
1. You Can’t See It
Carbon monoxide is deadly because you cannot observe it, detect it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in low doses and can’t be filtered.
2. It Can Be Deadly in Just a Few Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of burnt fuel. It can filter into your residence during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. While it depends on how big the leak is and the circulation in a residence, it may become lethal in just a few minutes.
Once inhaled, the gas has a half-life of around five hours. If you are inhaling clean air, you will need five hours to get it out of your bloodstream. It requires an additional five hours to decrease that level by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Mimic Other Illnesses
Carbon monoxide could also mirror illnesses that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.
How to Protect Your Home from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no justification to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are some steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Your residence with at least one fuel-burning heater, adjoined garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide alarm. It’s necessary to have an alarm on every level of your residence, including the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide system in your home?
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 704-464-4307 to purchase one. Ask our technicians about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
- If you already use a carbon monoxide detector, regularly check or swap out the batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and buy a new alarm every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide system alerts you to danger, exit your home right away and call 911.
Protect Your Family with Assistance from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the right precautions your loved ones can be protected from the dangerous gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 704-464-4307 to learn more.